Are you looking for a special way to join the Admirals crew this season? A unique opportunity exists to do just that, and enjoy free season tickets to Admirals home games, passes to Admirals away contests, an express concessions line at Wilson Park, special events honoring you and your family, and much more. These perks are some of the tangible rewards of serving as a host family for one or two Admirals players during the 2018 season – the intangible rewards are even greater. Read on!
Host families are a longstanding and honored aspect of professional sports. Most teams at this level of competition place the majority of their players in homestay situations. These programs are a vital part of a player’s success both on and off the field. When these young men become a part of a local family, it helps them to stay grounded in an unfamiliar city, and to build their life skills. It also affords them the stability they need “at home” to help them concentrate on baseball.
Opening one’s home to a professional athlete is an experience that few people have the opportunity to enjoy. The Pacific Association is often the last effort a hard-working, highly motivated player will make in striving for his ultimate goal: playing in the big leagues. Email us or call us today to learn more.
These players bring their talents to the Pacific Association with the understanding that their compensation will be commensurate to salaries throughout this level of professional baseball. This makes the need for host families extremely important. Serving as a host family truly allows a household to join the Vallejo Admirals community. The recognition and perks one receives as compensation for becoming a host family is worth more than money. The memories and relationships host families make with their “host sons” are invaluable and will last a lifetime.
Host Family Responsibilities Include:
– Providing room and board for the player guest or guests.
– Awareness of the players’ schedule. The Admirals will play 80 games in 90 days; 40 of those games will take place in Vallejo. The players will arrive in Vallejo in mid-May, and the season will conclude at the end of August.
– Encouraging player guests to participate as members of their families.
– Supporting the players in their drive to progress to higher levels of baseball.
– The player guest’s own bedroom. Exception: If the host family is hosting two players, those two players may share a bedroom.
– Granting the player guest or guests access to the kitchen and to laundry facilities.
Player Responsibilities Include:
– Adherence to the rules set forth by the host family.
– Participation in activities as a member of the family, and giving proper respect and consideration to the homestay hosts.
– Providing his own transportation to and from the ballpark.
– Washing and drying his own laundry.
Host families are not required to cook for players, nor is it the responsibility of the host family to provide transportation for players. Access to a personal bathroom for the player guest is preferred, but not required. It is also not the responsibility of the host family to permit the player access to the home telephone, hosts’ cell phones or computers, or other devices that allow the player to conduct personal business.
Host Family Perks!
– Season tickets to all home games and free entry to away games (San Rafael, Sonoma, Pittsburg, Martinez, Napa).
– Host family passes and t-shirts.
– In-game recognition of host families at home games.
– Team-sponsored preseason events for all host families.
– Team sponsored in-season events with host families and their player guests.
– An on-field recognition ceremony at the end of the season for each host family.
– Discounts on Admirals merchandise.
– Spring Training Trial: to test the program out, feel free to host a player for the 10-day spring training period.
If you’d like to become a host family, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!